Do any of you remember this line from Seinfeld where he has to wear the pirate shirt on TV? It always makes me laugh to think of the low talker and Jerry wearing that shirt and whining about being a pirate.I've had a few legitimate opportunities to use that line recently. I know, I know--you are all jealous. Isn't it true that any time you can use a line from Seinfeld or have one of those "Seinfeld conversations" it brings a happiness to your heart that can only be understood by true Seinfeld lovers?
My first time was a few weeks ago. I went shopping with a friend and she convinced me to buy a rather expensive shirt that was very flattering and had some cute bunchy-ness around the waist and sleeves. I brought it home and modeled it for my husband and he said he didn't like it because I looked like a pirate. I promptly replied in my whiny Seinfeld impersonation, "But I don't wanna be a pirate!" Clever, I know. I listened to his advice and returned the shirt right away.
Just last night I used a slight variation on Jerry's original line when Big-G, fearing he would scare people away with his bloody eye, sent me to the pharmacy to pick up an eye patch for him. I told him he would look like a pirate and he said he'd rather have a patch than have everyone staring at his stiches. My response this time was, "But I don't want you to be a pirate!" (same whiny voice as before) He didn't listen to my advice, and today my husband is making his public debut as a pirate. Clearly, he wants to be a pirate!
3 comments:
Haha. I never cared for Seinfeld, but you make me laugh anyway.
Asher has an almost identical cut on his left eye--though thankfully not as deep. He fell down our deck stairs. I don't think he'd go for the eye patch, though.
Tell Greg, I'm pretty sure the eye patch was listed as a "must-have" in that book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People," which has made a comeback in popularity. Pretty soon several guys at his office will have one.
haha, kelly! I love your comment!
Post a Comment