Monday, April 5, 2010

My Man

I have wanted to write a post about Greg for quite some time, but fearing that I would gush too much, I restrained. Well, yesterday was his birthday and he's just so great! So deal with it if I'm too gushy. :)

I am so blessed! I had no idea what a gift I was getting when I married Greg. We had only known each other for 5 months! But, after dating so many different guys who weren't right, I met Greg and I just knew...no question. I know God had a hand in it. I could never have made such a brilliant choice on my own.
Greg has always encouraged me to be better than I am. He is strong where I am weak. Where I feel emotion, he sees the logic. When things aren't clear to me, he sees in black and white. He listens and cares about my opinions--even though he doesn't always agree. He is slow to anger and I have never heard him raise his voice in anger. He cares about his body and works hard to eat healthy and exercise. He is ambitious in his career, and he competes heartily in his field. Still, he is humble. You will never hear him brag or speak haughtily of himself. He is confident, and it shows when he spends all of his conversations focusing on the person with whom he converses--never talking about himself. He loves God. He leads our family in righteousness. He loves to serve and give, but he doesn't like for people to know about the good things he does. He will be embarrassed to know that I'm writing all this! He is a playful father and a considerate husband. Truly, he is circumspect in all aspects of his life.

ok. I'm gushing, I know it. And none of this is to say that Greg is without fault, but he does have so many admirable qualities that being his wife has been a delight. I am dying to turn this into a publishable work of nonfiction, but I'll save my thoughts for another time. Maybe we can call the next one, "Greg Is Awesome--chapter 2."

Happy birthday, my love ! Thank you for making my life so happy!

p.s. I totally stole the picture from his work website. I really hope those attorneys won't sue!

4 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Greg is great! You guys make a great couple!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jo!

RayRay said...

You are cute. I've always admired your marriage... Seriously, you need to write your own non-fiction version of "These is my Words" Think about it...

Cathy Lunt said...

What a wonderful tribute to a great guy---I see all that you said and more too---and from a mom's view that isn't gushing, it's just plain tellin' it like it is! Way to go Sarah for the post and way to go Greg for being that kind of man!