Tuesday, April 6, 2010

FOOD!


This is not a food blog, but I do love food. :) In my spare time one of my absolute favorite, favorite things to do is create some kind of delicious food!!
Naturally, when faced with a Saturday of being home and watching General Conference all day, I had to have some food projects for in-between sessions to get me off my bum and having fun!

This one is from my favorite food blog: jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com (go there for the recipe) This girl is a food-making machine! Everything I've made from her blog is just plain awesome and I have so many more left to try! With a Bosch, these pretzels are easy-peasy. Attalie helped me roll them out into long ropes and she brushed them with egg before we salted them and put them in the oven. Great recipe for kids and it turned out perfecto the first time! This next idea came to me in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. I wanted to make an Easter-y, festive treat and, believe it or not, I had all the ingredients lying around to make these! I'm sure this has been done before in some other way, but I just used my grandmother's haystack recipe and added jellybeans and I loved the results:
Peanut Butterscotch Nests
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup salted peanuts
2 cups chow mein noodles
1/2 cup starburst jellybeans
1. Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter over double boiler.
2. Stir in peanuts and noodles.
3. Drop by forkfulls onto waxed paper.
4. Arrange jellybeans in center of each little nest.
5. Allow to cool completely. Stores best in the fridge.

Ahh, food. Dontcha love it?