Monday, December 8, 2008

Little Friend

Beevers is such a funny kid. Today she was so happy, but extremely destructive! Her happiness made it hard to be annoyed at all the messes she was making. Every time I turned around she had rearranged something, was holding a writing utensil about to color on something she shouldn't, or was smashing half-chewed banana with her little palms about to wipe them off on a piece of non-kitchen furniture. Sometimes I wish I had a webcam to follow her around for a day so everyone could see all her funny busy-ness. Anyway, this was just supposed to be about the new words she is saying and I've been sidetracked by all her other...um...shall we say...qualities.

So, finally, at 18 months Beevers is talking! Her favorite word is "cookie" which usually comes out as "cü-cük". Here are some more in her current repertoire with her pronouncements:
mama "mahmee"
dada "dada"
cracker "cackuh"
milk "-k"
fruities "frees"
sister "sus"
car "cahr"
baby "buh-buh"
bottle "bahl"
Really, most of the time her words come out sounding a lot like "uhn" as she reaches for whatever it is she wants, but I like to notice the progress she is making, mostly.

Other tricks she can perform include lifting up her foot when I ask her to show me her piggies, pointing to her nose and eyes, doing the actions to 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed and doing the actions to patty-cake. That's about all a kid needs to know, right?

The best thing is that she is so sweet and tender. Today I carried her around just hugging her and kissing her chubby little cheeks and telling her over and over again, "I love you, do you know that?" Because that's all I can think about when I'm holding the sweetest, happiest little tiny person I know. I just love her!

1 comment:

Lia said...

That is sweet Sarah! You must have the best time with "Eves"