Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What a Party!

I went to a birthday party for my friend Harvey last night. The party was amazing! I got to see many friends that I haven't seen in years. I love these friends dearly. I think about them and hope for their well-being. When I knew I would be seeing them at this party, I immediately began to wonder about their lives.I hoped sincerely in my heart that I would find them doing well--especially in regard to spiritual matters. I was so relieved when I visited with them and found that their lives are still spiritually-grounded. It made me think of the verse in Alma in the Book of Mormon where Alma is reunited with his friends after many years and it reads, "...therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth..." What I wish for all my friends more than anything is that they continue in their relationship with God and continue to rely on Jesus Christ for their help and comfort. I know this is the only way to truly be happy... :)


That being said, the party is definitely worth expounding on...

Cassandra, Harvey's older sister, planned this amazing party. The theme was "Charlie Chaplin" and the guests were all supposed to come dressed as 1920's moving picture stars.

Everything was picture-perfect! Greg and I got all done-up for the occasion. Here we are with Harvey:
Melyssa and Mark were looking awesome:
You can't celebrate Charlie Chaplin-style without some pies in the face:
(Rick and Harvey were the lucky recipients, as it was Rick's birthday and Harvey's birthday party)

Cassandra arranged a sparkler tunnel for the birthday boy leading up to a cupcake tower. Here are Mel, Mark and Rick with their sparklers:
And last, but certainly not least, the hosts of the party:

4 comments:

danielle said...

you two make very convincing 20's movie stars :)

Joanna Galbraith said...

I am so glad you document your various adventures! I love these pictures. They are so great!!! All of you guys look so glamorous!

Jill said...

oh my gosh! you guys looked so great! these pictures made me really happy! good job!

Kelly said...

SO fun!! Thanks for blogging about the party. I can live vicariously through you guys!