Sprituality:
I've been reading the Book of Mormon really fast. Our Stake Presidency encouraged us all to read it through before Stake Conference in March and I have been working really hard to make it happen. I have always made scripture study a priority, but this different approach has given me an entirely new experience...and I love it!
Serving the Young Women at church has been wearing on me, but yesterday I had a really wonderful experience with one of them and realized that I need to include more love (hello, charity!) in my service. It makes all the difference.
I love my iPod! What does this have to do with spirituality? Well, the nerd that I am, I love listening to talks by church leaders while I run. It lifts my spirits (and the endorphins don't hurt either). The words of the talks float around in my scattered brain all day keeping me on track. I love President Monson, our prophet, especially. One of his talks from the last General Conference has kept me going for several days now. :)
Went to a John Bytheway fireside for the youth last night. It was awesome! And doesn't it seem like Heavenly Father points you toward the goals he wants you to pursue? Repetitive themes are popping up in my life that I know I need to work on and I'm starting to take the hint.
Training:
This one is always in the back of my mind, thank goodness. I love my hobbies!! Greg and I set the goal to do an Olympic triathlon this year and we picked one out in April that we are working toward. I've spent this winter working on my weak leg of the triathlon--the running. It has taken a lot of miles on the treadmill, but I'm feeling much more confident as a runner (not fast, just confident:)). I am looking forward to spring so we can finally start riding our bikes outside and running in warmer weather. I totally prefer the heat to the cold. My bum is still thawing out from my run in the cold hours this morning!!
I've got a few goals for this year. I'm so excited about all of them! I already mentioned doing the Olympic tri. Totally stoked for that. The running is going well, so I figured this might be my year to attempt a half-marathon. I'm not far from being ready for one now, so this might be sooner than later. I've also signed up to do another century bike ride with some of my girlfriends. Oh, how fun it will be! I love my training friends. They are the best!!
Mothering/Wifing/Homemaking:
I think I'm improving in the mothering area. I can remember feeling like I was getting a handle on things again when Attalie was the age Eva is now. So I guess it takes me almost 3 years after having a baby to adjust. It's a good feeling. I just LOVE my girls! They are so fun. (Is it ironic that as I'm writing this, Eva is throwing a yelling fit on the ground behind me?) Attalie is so constant and Eva is so full of life and personality. They both bring me so much joy and give me so many opportunities to love.
I love wifing. I love any excuse to spend time with my husband. The climate in marriage changes with different stages of life. We are in an upswing right now and I'm loving it! He supports me so well and I love being there for him when he needs me. Now, if we can just keep this awesome trend going forever... :)
Homemaking is hard work....but I'm learning to love it! I do love cooking and I'm enjoying a lot of baking lately, too. Cleaning has always been a chore for me, but I'm getting better at rolling up my sleeves and getting to work. It's not so bad when I just gitter done. I have allowed myself a little creativity in this area over the winter, making crafts here and there. It's not too bad. I also do enjoy getting the house decorated and furnished to my liking.
Playing:
We try really hard to have something fun to look forward to always on the horizon. The winter gives us snowboarding and we jump at the chance to put it on our calendar! Here's a video from when Greg and I went a couple of weeks ago:
Also, we've gotten caught up on Lost and we're watching it every week. We still have to record it so we can fast-forward through commercials, but we have a date every Tuesday!
Coming up we have Brad's wedding with a day of snowboarding and a day of four-wheeling and shooting with all the extended family.
After that, we'll have my sister and her family here to visit!! We are SO excited about them being here!
Sometime this week I hope to take Attalie up for another snowboarding lesson from me. Poor kid. I'm her mom, her piano teacher, her school tutor (not that she needs one most of the time), and her snowboard instructor (I share this title with Greg). I'm so glad she is such an awesome kid.
Below are pictures of a FUN snowshoeing outing we took over President's Day with Greg's family:
e
6 comments:
Awesome, Sarah! You always inspire me! You and Greg look like PROS on your snowboards. Fun, fun!!!
The way you're holding Greg's arm makes me laugh for some reason. Now that we are settled in our place, we would love to have Attie come spend the night...it would be fun to have some one-on-one time with her! BTW, keep posting...I love hearing about your everyday thoughts/activities!
we have a similar date every tuesday night ;)
That's the Sarah I know. Go you.
Really good to read your thoughts--made me smile! Love you always, Cathy
Love hearing about what's going on in your life! Not mundane -- you are such an inspiration, Sarah! And I always get good vibes from reading what you have to share! You guys have some mad snowboarding skills!! And I'm inspired & amazed by how much you push yourself in your physical endeavors! Way to go!! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment