The trip to Wyoming was perfect. Blue skies all the way. We got to take our new car (a post on that soon to come) and it drove awesomely. Heated seats and all.
We spent Friday being cleaned and dentified.
Saturday morning we rode horses. They have two of them named Cheyenne and Turd. Believe it or not, Turd is the best-behaved of the two. :) The girls loved riding them. Eva was having a tantrum because we weren't getting her on horseback fast enough! I am not a pro with horses, but I eventually got them to listen to me and do what I told them to. Horses are just so big! I have a hard time telling an animal that big what to do, when I know he really doesn't have to listen to me at all. We all had a ton of fun.
Sat afternoon we went ice skating on a friend of D&A's pond. We did this last time we were up there and it makes me want a frozen pond in my backyard soo bad! We played hockey for almost the entire time--even after the sun went down there were lights so we could keep playing. We had a blast! Eva wanted to skate so much, but she couldn't keep her balance and eventually gave up. Attalie practiced and was getting better at staying on her feet, but took off her skates to play goalie for us in hockey. She blocked almost everything that came her way--including two good shots from me! She was a rockin' goalie.
Sunday we relaxed and played games and enjoyed Amber's _amazing_cooking. I seriously put on 5 lbs in three days. (not kidding) She is always an inspiration to be around because she works so hard and seems to enjoy doing it.
We LOVED our weekend with Dr. Dave and Amber and their six kids. They are just the best quality people! Greg especially loved holding their little newborn. I think he held her more than anyone while we were there. Every time I turned around Greg had her in his arms. Maybe we're a little bit baby hungry :)?
We came home feeling uplifted and rejuvenated. I think we won't wait til we need dental work to make our next visit. :)
2 comments:
Yay for Uncle Dave and Aunt Amber. I'm sad that we are no longer driving distance away. Paying for dental work and not being rewarded with horse riding and ice hocking, sounds lame!
Thanks for posting -- sounds like a very fun-filled and productive visit. We all need an Uncle Dave & Aunt Amber, based on your post :) Also, I loved your post about A's birthday!
Post a Comment