Monday, October 5, 2009

Greg and I did the Yuba tri together last month. It was pretty much awesome in every way. We camped out the night before--just the two of us. We both had a book to read. Greg was reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I finished Jane Eyre while we were there. I was glad my friend Ginger showed up that night. She is so well-read and she helped me be okay with the ending to that book. Part of her advice, which I took, was to watch the movie. I just finished the movie last week (11, 30-minute episodes), and she was right. It made everything okay. I LOVED the book, though. Charlotte Bronte has a way of expressing thoughts that I can only dream of ever possessing. I looked forward to escaping into that book every day. After reading Jane Eyre, I escaped into Catching Fire. It was a quick, thought-provoking, entertaining read. I am anxious for the third book in the series.
I haven't spent a lot of time with my blog lately. I've taken up journal-writing again. I love how open I can be on the pages of my journal.
I've lately been enjoying my little Evies every day and getting my house in order. Attie's doing fantastico in school. I am so impressed at her maturity at such a young age. She has so much of her dad's drive to succeed in her. She is also such a good friend and is so confident. I love watching her become such a wonderful kid. Eves and I hang out like best buds most of the time. She throws fits and makes huge messes, but we take it in stride. I'm so glad God sent me these two kids when He did and that they are the kind of people I want to hang out with forever.
I'm still training. Greg and I are gonna do another tri together in November. I guess it's really only a few weeks away now. Greg got a road bike that he's gonna use in the November tri. If he doesn't place in his age division, I'll be surprised. He is getting so fast! We've been on a few bike rides since he got his bike and he is a super-hero on a bike. We are gonna do a ride together this weekend and I can't wait. He'll make me stronger whether I want it or not. I've always had a passion for biking, but now that my guy can come with me, I love it more than ever. He's my best friend.

No pictures this post. Just my thoughts, mostly unedited.

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

It's great to hear what you guys are up to. Congrats on all the triathalons. I think of you when I flip through the tv channels and see the triathalons on the NBC sports channel thing (one of the things we get on "network" non cable tv!) I always think, wow, S & G are doing these, that's awesome! It's always fun hearing of your adventures!

Greg said...

Thanks for gettin me into this whole road biking triathlon thing sar - having you there to kick my butt (especially at swimming) is what's gettin me in shape - it does feel good to get out on a long ride. Lookin forward to saturday's ride...

Cathy Lunt said...

It's sweet to read your thoughts Sarah! Your family is really doing so very, very well!

Tiffney said...

I am glad to see that the stay from blogging didn't last too long. Biking together sounds fun.....well at least for you guys:-)!!!Dan tried to get me into mountain biking when we first got married and lets just say that experience is what keeps me from trying a tri, I am afraid of the bikes... I love you, Sarah, you are inspiring and fun. How lucky am I to have you for a friend....SO LUCKY!