Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Mirror Lake Experience


It was C O L D ! The girls were so bundled both nights we were there. We did absolutely no research on this trip. We didn't know we'd be sleeping at 10000 feet above sea level where it always gets cold at night--even in August. We survived, though. We made a ton of memories with Greg's family. When it wasn't raining, Greg and I mountain biked around the lake, hiked to a waterfall with everyone, played frisbee golf, sat around the fire and climbed Bald Mountain. Eva even got to ride a horse around the camp! It was such a beautiful place. I'd never been into that part of the Uinta Mountains before and now I think Rocky Mountain National Park (where I've spent several vacations) has nothin' on Utah. We even saw a moose as we drove down the canyon on our way home. I loved it.








2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks incredible. Wish we were there!!

Cathy Lunt said...

Oh yah.....that was fun! Won't forget Eva's "blood-curdling" yell at 5 a.m.---brightened up the long night of no sleep!!!! The kids were great little campers!