Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm gonna turn 28 every year!



This has been the greatest birthday, EVER!! If you'd seen me at 1:30 this morning, you'd have thought otherwise...

Here's my story:

Greg, Attalie and I went to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" with Greg's family last night. The play was a ton of fun, but about halfway through I was feeling queasy. After the play was over, I was downright ill! It was all I could do to make it home to my bathroom before puking. (Upon arriving home, I found out Jill had come down with it at the same time...poor Jill--her first illness away from home and big sister was too sick to care for her)

It turned out to be the stomach virus from H-E-double hockey sticks! I have never been is so much pain from such a virus. In 4 hours I lost 6 lbs. I spent most of my time from 10pm to 2am by the toilet being sick. Thankfully, it was short-lived. I was able to eat and drink by 8:30am. I was very weak, but I wanted to enjoy my birthday so I got ready for the day and sent Greg off to work and tried to act normal.

Greg made surprise plans for us this evening which he contemplated canceling due to illness. I'm so glad I acted like I felt good because I ended up having a total blast with him. Leave it to my amazing husband to provide me with a completely new experience for my birthday doing something somewhat common...yep, golfing.

The golf course is right by our house. I run past it all the time! He took us on the par 3, 9 hole course (perfect for a true novice like me). We got to use our very own golf clubs (we both own a set. Greg's are from DI and I found mine in a pile of free stuff on the side of the road) I love how the picture of the golf cart below looks like it could have been taken in 1979 simply because of the super-fly golf clubs.


After golfing, Greg took me out for my favorite, favorite thing to eat. Ahh...just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I love love love sushi!




Videography of my birthday date with Greg:



The girls with my cake :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What a fun day! I'm glad you were feeling well enough to enjoy a fun birthday!

Unknown said...

happy birthday! i am glad you had fun! that made me want to try golfing!!

Lia said...

that last one was me