Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ahhh, Camping


I have felt very cooped up in the house this past week teaching Eva to use the potty. She's been making good progress, but she's not perfect at it. Nevertheless, I needed to get out of the house and get away a little bit. Thursday morning I decided we should try to go camping, so I texted Greg at work to tell him I thought we could go that night for sure with Eva. Thirty minutes later, I called to say there was no possible way to take her camping as she had just peed in the car seat between swim lessons and our house (a 2 minute drive). The thought of staying home all weekend when Greg was already taking Friday off just made me depressed, so I changed my mind again and started packing up the car. We would just make it work somehow...

Well, Eva is a true outdoorswoman! We just brought her little potty chair with us and she didn't have a single accident the entire trip! Yay, Eva! I wish I'd gotten a picture of the potty chair at our campsite--that was pretty funny.

The weather was perfect and the girls were perfect and I'm so glad (so so so glad) we went!

Here are some pictures from the venture:

Sweet little Eva. We couldn't get her to keep shoes on to save her life :)





6 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Yay for Eva! That s'more picture makes me want to find a hershey's bar and some marshmallows....yum! Looks like a fun trip!

Cindy said...

That's great that you got to leave the house...always feels like a huge accomplishment with a toilet-training child! Glad that Eva is doing better!

Kelly said...

Greg was brave to have her diaper-free booty on his neck.

Lia said...

That looks like fun! Wish we were there!

Anonymous said...

Great job, little E! Your camping adventure looks like total fun -- you guys are the best! The girls are so cute!

S'mores on the table...looking delicious.

Rachel B said...

That looked like fun! I love camping and remember our time at girls' camp. I miss that! And you!