Monday, August 3, 2009

Potty Training: Mission Possible

It's done. Eva has joined the world of big girl panties. She no longer wears diapers...ever!

Potty training is one of the greatest trials of parenthood. I've done it twice now and both times I got to a point (on about the third day of intense training) where I wanted to throw in the towel and go back to diapers. Both times, the day after I wanted to quit, my child would "get it" and it was smooth sails from then on.

Both times I have used the book, "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" to train my kids. Now, don't let the title fool you. It should be more appropriately named "Toilet Training in less than a Week." Still, I'm singing its praises. The method is very intense and exhausting, but it works like a charm. We went camping less than a week after potty-training started and Eva didn't have a single accident the entire trip. This past weekend we went to St. George (only two weeks after potty-training) and Eva was perfect! (she had an accident on the long drive home, but that was our fault. she told us she needed to go and we were stuck in traffic so we didn't pull over in time)

Anyway, I am extremely happy to have that stage behind me. At the earliest, I won't have to potty-train again for 3 years! Woohoo!

7 comments:

lacey said...

Yay! That is so exciting Such a great feeling after it's all over with! Attie and Eva are so cute, I can't believe how much they look alike!!!

lacey said...

And what do you mean by another 3 years? Is there an announcement you are making soon?!!!

Unknown said...

No, no, lacey. I have no announcements to make. I was just saying that if anything unexpected happened in the next few months...3 years would be the earliest. :)

Lia said...

my babies will come out pre-potty trained.... it cause i'm lia.... it just happens that way

Lia said...

oh yeah and nice save :) jk jk

Kelly said...

Go...Go Eva, GO-GO. GO... Go Eva, GO-Go!
(to the tune of one of Mom's cheers)

Seriously, you need to be congratulated. I am so looking forward to Asher being a big boy, but dreading the process. I plan to tackle it in a week or two.

RayRay said...

someday... when i have kids... i'm reading this book. The last time I saw Eva, she was teeny tiny, and i swear that was just yesterday! so it kinda seems like a miracle that she is already potty trained.

p.s. I'm so happy you love These is my Words with me. And yes, Jack is the epitome of a REAL man. I'm happy you found your Jack. :)