
When I was a little girl I had a mood ring and I remember when the ring turned blue it meant I was "Happy/In Love." Of course I remember my siblings teasing me and saying, "you're in love" which, of course, I wasn't and I was embarrassed and wished the meaning had only been "happy" and they had left off the "in love" part.
Fastforward 20 years...
Today, if I put on that ring, it would be as blue as blue can be and the description "Happy In Love" would be perfect.
From the moment I returned from my run this morning and saw that Big G had turned on the porch light so I wouldn't come home to a dark house 'til this evening when he called to tell me he was on his way home and for me to just make something quick and easy for dinner and when afterward we sat together and watched Beevers climb precariously on the furniture and then played "hide the marker" (a variation on hide the block) for FHE, I have been happy in love. Even now, he is walking around the house wearing an ear warmer around his head (for no apparent reason, the house isn't cold) and he's listening to Jon Schmidt music like there's no tomorrow (because he just realized it streams directly from the website) and I am lovin' every minute of him being around.
I finally understand the meaning on that mood ring: Happy In Love
4 comments:
Yea! So good to see your blog and your cute kids! I remember you every time I get out my DDR and wish I were doing it with you!
Yay! SO fun to see your blog and see all that you guys are up to! I love the "leave the light on" story. Adam does that for me when I go to work and when I get home at 1am and see that he left the light on for me it makes me love him more!
I also loved mood rings I had a few of them in Jr High and like you I was always blue!
I am so happy that you are "Happy in love!"
Its a great feeling!
We may both have married eighth graders, but they are good'uns.
I loved you description of him wearing ear warmers for no apparent reason. It's those little quirks we don't understand that we miss most when they're not home, huh? (that and the diapers they change.:))
Post a Comment