Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bubble Bath Blunder

My brother Ticky came down and watched the girls for me while I gave blood and went to enrichment night. He decided to stay the night and drive back in the morning, so he went into the guest bedroom and began preparing to go to bed. He then walked out carrying a bottle of barbie bubble bath with no lid and told me it had been spilled all over the bed.

AAAAHHHHH!

I have no idea how long that bubble bath had been spilled, but it soaked through the quilt, duvet cover, down comforter, top sheet, fitted sheet and thankfully it stopped at the mattress cover and didn't make it to the mattress.

I have no idea how to clean a down comforter. I assume it has to be dry cleaned. I'd love some input on that. The rest I can manage, most inconveniently. ugh.

I don't think children are purposefully destructive, but I also think they don't THINK! Who sets a bottle of bubble bath on a lumpy bed without a lid? obviously, my child. I get to pay for that fact with a bunch of extra laundry today.

okay. now that I've vented...

Here's a sweet little tidbit about my Beevers:

Beevers is such a loving little girl. She hates to be without the people she loves. She hates for anyone to leave her. Every day that she is awake when Big-G leaves for work, she cries right after he walks out the door. Every day when we drop LouLou off for school, she cries the second after LouLou shuts the car door and walks away. Today when she saw that Ticky was walking out the door and leaving, she got emotional and needed me to hold her because she was so sad. She is such a little tender heart. She just loves her family!


Addendum to original post: 9/20/08

I have realized that it is entirely possible (and most likely) that my child did not cause the bubble bath blunder. She denies having had any contact with said bubble bath and I do not doubt her honesty. (I don't think she knows how to lie.) It was brought to my attention today that several children (many of whom are very young and mischievous) have played at our house in the past few weeks and are the more likely culprits. I just wanted to clear LouLou's sweet name. She is such a dear.

2 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

OH, Eva is so sweet. What a loving little girl. About the down comforter...we have one, and, yes, it has to be dry cleaned. It's like $20.00 to get it done.

Anonymous said...

oh, no!! I love hearing about the your girls' antics! I also love the visual aid (photo of barbie bubble bath). Also, Scott wanted to know why did Attalie leave it on the GUEST bed? perhaps she thought it would be a surprise gift for guests?