Thursday, May 15, 2008

40 Miles!

That is how long I rode today! I didn't have a friend with me, and my ride was over hilly terrain. Here's a link showing what the terrain was like on most of the ride. http://saltlakecycling.com/
Wasatch Blvd is what's shown on the map. I did it in it's entirety both directions with the addition of riding to and from the road.
I am the YW camp director for our ward this year. It has been a huge load of stress for me. This year the Stake doesn't do anything, it is completely up to the ward--which means it is completely up to the camp director. I was additionally just called to be the 2nd counselor in YW, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Getting out on my bike rides is my ultimate escape. Without them, I don't know if I could handle it all!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You are the WOMAN! I get tired after just a few miles. So you are BUSTED i have been saving your background in a safe place on my computer to use next month and you had to steal it :) I guess great mides think alike and don't worry there are plenty of brackgrounds out there for me to choose from.

The Grush's said...

I had to laugh. I also am the ward camp director this year and just recently got called to be the 1st counselor in the YW's! I know exactly what you are feeling.

Sunni said...

It is so fun to read about your family. How old are your girls? What are you doing in Utah? I will update my blog and help you figure out what we are up to. Great job on the bike. I am proud of myself when I do 15 miles. Good luck with YW...a fun/frustrating but rewarding calling.