SO much fun!! Saturday morning I did the 25 mile above named bike tour. Several other girls in my ward did it, too. My friend Lindsey and I hung together throughout so we could chat and the time flew by. We took it easy--not too fast on the downhills--and still finished in under 1 1/2 hours. There were hundreds and hundreds of bikers. For the first while we were just creeping along through the crowd of bikes and people. Some people were even on tandems (including a couple of my friends)! Throughout the race we had to be careful of other bikes because of the large number of people participating. We didn't have to be careful of cars, however! The police dept. closes down all the roads so we can cruise along without a worry. My favorite was riding in the middle of the road down State Street close to downtown--a place I would never otherwise be able to ride. Great memory and something I'll definitely want to do again. In the picture we are wearing our finisher's medals. Oh, yeah!
(if you happen to look at a bigger version of this picture, be kind...I know it's not the best look for me with the scraggly hair around my face...just keep in mind what I just finished doing and that I had to get up at 4:45 on a Saturday to do it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment