Immediately following the bike tour on Saturday, I hopped in the car and changed out of my biking clothes into 4-wheeling attire on our way to 5 mile pass for some 4-wheelin'. It was a great time--4 people and 4 atv's. One of the coolest thing about this trip was that we found these huge old mine shafts. Who knows how deep they go...we dropped rocks down into them and counted a full 4 seconds before they hit bottom, but the bottom sounded like a metal hollow-y thing, so we thing they actually go deeper and the rocks were just hitting some kind of cap. It is a good thing for the big metal grates over the top of them or a 4-wheeler and rider could ride right into one and never be seen again! Scary. The pictures were taken with Professor-B's cell phone (I'm impressed with the quality, actually). Looking at them makes me laugh because I look like a little person next to those big men (Big-G, Style, Professor-B). I'm usually the biggest one in pictures--with my friends, or my sisters, or my kids. This is kind of comical for me--and a nice change. :)

Walking on those grates was freaky! The holes are barely smaller than my feet, so I could have easily slipped through. On one of the mine shafts (we found 4 different ones) I was standing there while some guy accidentally dropped his sunglasses down, down, down. Poor guy. His friends were making fun of him and he was trying to act really cool about it. I can't remember if I laughed out loud or if I kept it in...

Yeah, Big-G rocks! Those grates were so strong, you could drive a truck over 'em.

Check out the hole beneath us! It was quite scary! And if you think it looks like I have a 5 o'clock shadow, I do. I'm finally developing facial hair. It's about time puberty hit! It has just taken some good 4-wheelin' in the dirt to get it to happen!
2 comments:
Funny...when I first looked at that top pic (without reading), I thought, "Where is Sarah? Who is that short girl?" Then I realized you live among giants.
I'm glad you had so much fun!!!!
Post a Comment