Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas...at least some of it

The problem with putting off posting, is I can't remember things that I want to write about. I depend on pictures to jog my memory when the time comes. 
Here are two pictures from Christmas this year. The first is of the new piece of furniture we acquired right before Christmas. I don't feel worthy of such a beautiful piano, but my teacher says you play to the level of your instrument, so the idea is to become worthy of it. 
Because we knew the piano would be arriving, in the week or so before Christmas we decided to sell all our living room furniture, paint the room a new color and buy new furniture. It was all very crazy and fun and would only be possible because I am married to a man who works very efficiently. He had us going to the furniture stores and picking out paint colors. Never a dull moment with Greg. He really pushed to have the piano before Christmas, and it has been such a treat. He says it was my Christmas present, but it really is a gift for the entire family. I am very grateful to him for making it happen.
 Greg is to thank for this next picture, as well. He spent every night in late November and early December finishing this book. This was a huge project, but it is my very favorite gift this year. All the pics and posts were by me, but all the arranging was by Greg and it is so valuable to our family. It gives so much more meaning to the pictures and words I put on here. I'm not a good journal-keeper and try as I might, I have never been able to scrapbook. Now I have record of our family. So priceless.

No comments: