Saturday, December 22, 2012

Turning 10!!!

I have a double-digits tween.
The day before her birthday, we had a few of her closest friends over for a FUN party.
Having a 4 hour birthday party with 9 and 10 year olds is a good idea. (we found out the hard way that a 2 hour birthday party is way too long for 4 and 5 yr olds). The time flew by with these cute girls. They had white chili, per Attalie's request; decorated mugs using permanent markers and baking them in the oven; had cupcakes; watched Home Alone (classic, and thank you ABC family for taking out the swear words); and the highlight of the night was probably the blind makeovers. The person doing the makeover was blindfolded. The girls would have done this all night if they had more time. It was such a fun party.






On the day of her birthday, Greg took all the kids to the zoo while I finished my Christmas treat-making. In all that baking, I forgot to bake Attalie's birthday cake! Poor girl. Greg ran to the store really quick and got a cake and we survived. Greg's parents came for dinner and cake and presents. It was a good day for a wonderful little girl.
Attalie continues to be such a delight. She really wants to be good and set a good example to her younger siblings. She helps me out when I need her and she is very smart. She is also a very good friend. Everyone she knows loves her.
And she is TEN!!





3 comments:

Laken said...

Oh my what a fun Birthday Party! Cute Ideas!:)

Nicole said...

10! Oh my that is old. Blind make-overs is a brilliant idea. If I was still in young womens I would totally do that.

lacey said...

I can't believe Attie is 10! That seems so crazy. I remember when she turned 2, and we gave her some play-doh for her bday! This definitely makes me miss you guys! I really wish we lived closer!!