Friday, September 16, 2011

Thirteen weeks down, Twenty-seven to go

I am so grateful to be pregnant. So, so grateful.

But that doesn't make it easier for me. So wish it did. Maybe it does. A little.

I am doing everything the doctor says to do to stave off sickness. I don't think they make stronger anti-nausea drugs than I am taking. But the sickness is persistent.

Eva regularly finishes my sentences for me with things like "because you're going to fro-up, mom?" poor kid has witnessed a bit too much of my reality.

Greg has the kids really well trained for me. If he ever isn't here in the evening he makes sure they know they have to get themselves pj'd up and ready for bed on their own. And they do it. They are amazing kids.

Why can't pregnancy sickness end after the first trimester for all women?

When I went to my doctor appt a few weeks ago and told her how sick I've been, she said, "good! That is always a good sign!" but somehow I don't believe regular vomiting of what little healthy food I manage to ingest is the best thing for my baby...

It would be really nice if we could share pregnancy with other people. Like Greg. I would love to let hime take over my pregnancy for a day. I would love to just have a day here and there that I could look forward to that I knew would be sickness-free. While I'm wishing, I would love it if he could take a couple of those late-labor contractions, too. Just to give me a 5 minute break. But I just thought about how hard it would be to watch someone else go through it, and maybe I'd rather not share. Poor Greg. He has it hard enough having to deal with the bum wife who lies down most of the day and doesn't do her chores and isn't really much fun. Someday you'll get your old wife back, my love! Hopefully soon! But she'll be more rotund. :)

I have had a ray of sunshine this pregnancy that I have never had in my previous pregnancies. My mornings are pretty good! I take medication at night and it somehow carries over to the morning and I can usually function at a level close to normal until about noon each day. This has opened up a whole new experience for me:exercising while pregnant. It is great! In past pregnancies I was so ill that in my sedentary-ism, my body atrophied to a jellyfish-like state. I became very soft and very weak. Not this time, though. I am fighting my former jellyfish tendencies during the few viable hours i get some mornings. And I think exercising might lessen my sickness later that day, but maybe that is just my imagination. I am just glad for my mornings. Though drug-induced, I am grateful for a few hours in my day where I can pretend to be feeling ok.

This entire blog post was typed while lying on my back in bed. Thank goodness for the iPad.

G'night.



1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sending you hugs and best wishes! Glad you have a few good mornings!