Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snow Canyon Half

I don't have anything witty to say today, just reporting on a WONDERFUL weekend getaway.

Good friends just can't be beat! I got a phone call earlier last week from Shawna inviting me to come with her to St George where she would be running a half marathon. It was to be all about FUN and _r e l a x a t i o n_ and didn't have to do the half if I didn't want. Of course, I debated as to whether I could get away with so much to get done at home but Greg said, "I think you'll have fun. You should go." What a wise husband I have.

Upon arrival in St George, Shawna and I did a little shopping (without kids, so I could actually concentrate) and I got to see Rick who was working down there this weekend.
Friday night we had a ladies-night pasta dinner with Kim who would also be doing the race with us. Below are Shawna, Kim and me.
We got to the race early the next morning and got on a bus to be shuttled to the starting line. We look kinda sleepy, huh?

When we got to the starting line, the line for the bathrooms was L O N G!!! ...so we got creative . :)
Here we are 13.1 miles later! It was a beautiful day and a gorgeous race down Snow Canyon. I would definitely do it again!
Afterward, we all went and got much-needed massages at a massage school. Then Shawna and I went out for Barbecue (Southern-style, of course!). Then we came home!

I always love being with my family even more after a little getaway like this.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great post, great pictures (except the one of you squatting. That is just plain inappropriate!;)
I love your shirt you have on at the restaurant, too. Purple is my fave!