Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude


I just pulled a couple of warm pecan pies out of the oven...getting ready for the big holiday tomorrow!

I have wanted to express my deep feelings of gratitude for some time now. I kept thinking I would get a chance this month, but Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I don't want it to pass without me taking this opportunity. Here are some things I am thankful for:

1. Greg. I love him so much. I never could have imagined beforehand the happiness I now have with him.
2. Attalie and Eva. They have taught me selflessness better than I ever could have learned it and they always surprise me with their intellect, humor and big personalities.
3. Mom and Dad. I got so lucky being born to parents who put God and Jesus Christ first in their lives and taught us to do the same. They are amazing parents.
4. Melyssa, Kelly, Rick, Joanna, Jill, Hannah and Lia. The best siblings anyone could ask for. I usually feel like no one understands me as well as my sisters and no one can pesker me as easily as my brother. What more could I ask for?
5. Healthy body and mind.
6. Freedom.
7. Scriptures.
8. Revelation.
9. Material possessions that make life comfortable.
10. Yummy food. I do love food and cooking and baking.
11. Living Prophet
12. Friends
13. Jesus Christ
14. My sweet parents in-law.
15. Music. The piano. Singing.
16. The Priesthood.
17. Service.
18. Love.
19. Wise teachers throughout my life.
20. Talents.
21. The ability to improve myself and do better than I did yesterday.
22. Genealogy. My ancestors.
23. The Temple

This list could go on and on. I have so many things for which I am thankful. I am very blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Sarah! I sure am going to miss you tomorrow. I, too, am up baking right now. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful. Love you!

Laken said...

Ha ha I just wrote a list on my blog very similar to yours and I went to look at our families blogs and you had done the same thing I had. Great minds think alike.:) Love ya, see you tomorrow!