Wednesday, September 8, 2010
School!
Attalie started 2nd grade a couple of weeks ago. She has the same teacher as last year (in a 1st/2nd split class) so she knows all the ropes. I can't believe how grown-up she is getting! She has transitioned smoothly into the school year. I am so impressed with her school and her teacher. We had back to school night and I am confident she is where she needs to be.
Just last week I got a really great opportunity to put Eva in preschool. I've looked into a ton of options for her, and this one finally felt right. We signed her up and she started yesterday. She has been super-excited about her backpack and her school. She got up yesterday morning and dressed herself and was already wearing her backpack the first time I saw her that morning. As we drove up she said, "there's mine school!" But when it was time to get out of the car, she wasn't so sure. I told her we could walk in together and she finally agreed. After much deliberating, she decided to take off her shoes and put them where they were supposed to go and walk into the classroom. I helped her play with a Mr Potato Head and said, "Eva, tell me when you are ready for me to go." A minute later she turned to me and said, "Mine ok. You can go now." She gave me a kiss and I left. Getting into the car all by myself was lonely, but the time flew by and I didn't accomplish nearly what I thought I would in 2 1/2 hours. When I picked her up she was very happy and acted very mature for about 15 minutes afterward. She told me that some of the kids cried because they missed their mommies, but she didn't cry. And one boy peed on the floor (she told me this story at least 5 times in a _very_ animated fashion before I connected it to preschool and got the story straight.) I asked her what the teacher did and she said, "she just clean it up off the ground." I so wish I coulda been a fly on the wall that first day. This is gonna be so good for Eva.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahahaha!
SO GREAT!
I miss you guys! I love seeing back-to-school pics. They are the best.
AHH!! hahaha the picture of eva does not do justice to the ratio of her body to her backpack!
Post a Comment