Friday, September 10, 2010

Family Camp

This was such a treat! A couple of years ago, Greg's aunt suggested that any of the family who'd like to should all go to Aspen Grove Family Camp together in the Summer of 2010. It was such a wonderful idea!
The girls got to spend at least part of each day with other kids their age having fun while the adults got to do whatever we chose to do while the kids were away. We were together for all our meals and every evening there were family activities to look forward to. We didn't have to do any cooking for the entire week and we were well-fed! Some of my favorite things were the lectures we got to attend, going on bike rides with Greg and Uncles Richard and Dave (with Uncle Steve chasing us around on his enduro bike), a great trail run with Amber, hatchet throwing, playing volleyball, watching Greg and the guys play basketball, doing the mile swim, climbing the rock wall, doing the ropes course and relaxing around the cabin with a good book. It was so great spending time with all Greg's extended family that came.

Eva got sick halfway through the week (in the middle of the night, of course:) so that took both Eva and me out for an entire day. Luckily she didn't share her sickness with anyone else.

I did a terrible job getting the experience on camera, but here's what I did get. It's basically fishing and rock climbing, but it is so fun to watch Attalie, she's a natural!(and I couldn't get a better quality version to work, so sorry for that)Here it is:


3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have the same picture sitting on the bear. Only I am about 3 times Eva's age....ah well.
Looks like you guys had fun. Sure wish I had been invited to the family camp!

Cathy Lunt said...

Fun, fun, fun! I'll send the pictures of you and Greg walking on the high wires!!

ukmom said...

It was a great week. Fun to all be there together!