We had the best time celebrating Eva's birthday! This was the first birthday where she actually knew what it meant to have a birthday. She was practicing the birthday song all week--with a few variations of course. It usually went something like this, "Hap birday to you. cha cha cha. Hap birday to you. cha cha cha. Hap birday to Eeeva. cha cha cha. Hap birday to you...and scooby doo on channel 2!" Cutest thing EVER!
On Sunday we were just gonna have Greg's parents up to celebrate with us, but Steve and Shauntel invited us over for dinner, so we volunteered to bring dessert and Greg's parents met us over there for cake and ice cream! It was a delectable carrot cake that, despite looking totally lopsided, was exactly the way a carrot cake should be. (I got the recipe from this recipe book that hasn't failed me with a single recipe yet!)
On Monday we went on a Morning hike up Big Cottonwood with Joanna, Johnny and Jill. The hike was challenging and beautiful with more snowfields to cross than we expected! Greg carried Eva on the climb. I got to carry her down (definitely easier than up). We ate lunch atop a boulder in the middle of a mountain meadow. It was great.
Because Sunday's cake was such a hit that hardly any was left (and because I just love trying new recipes), I got up and made a chocolate cake on Monday so we could celebrate again with all the J's. It was, honestly, the best homemade chocolate cake I have ever tasted. (from the same book as the carrot cake)
3 comments:
I can't wait to hike!!!! Oh, the photos look so beautiful! Happy Birthday, Eva!
Looks like Eva had a great birthday! I love the picture at the top of your blog of the girls. So cute!
Love this post - what a lovely celebration!! Which recipe book is this? Both cakes look incredible! I can't wait to meet E and A both in person!!
Post a Comment