Monday, April 6, 2009

The Party of the Decade!!!

I have been planning a BIG surprise birthday party for Greg for over a month and last Friday was the climax of all the work and planning.

First of all, I've got to say thank you to all the people who contributed: Tim and Lindsey did most the work, Rick, Joanna, Johnny, Marcia, Brad, Gma and Gpa, Cathy and Barry--and for all those who showed up. I keep saying that the party wouldn't have been anything without all the dear friends and family that came and showed Greg how much he means to them. The people made the party so...THANKS!!

Friday night Greg thought we were just gonna go bowling and out to eat with the kids to celebrate his 30th, but he was shocked when we got home to find a house FULL of people and streamers and balloons and Rock Band and HALO all set up! He was so startled when he walked in the house that he hit his head on the light fixture coming in from the garage!! The house looked deserted as we drove up, but when he walked in the door, the lights flicked on and about 35 people yelled "SURPRISE!!!" Our entire den was packed with people as well as the kitchen. It was so exciting!!

Everybody partied til at least 10pm and some people were here 'til 3am!!! It was well-worth the sleep lost, though. We made some amazing memories!! In fact, I was still so wound up at 3, that I could have stayed up later!

I think I accomplished my goal of giving Greg a 30th birthday he will never forget. He is the best husband ever and I loved throwing a party for him. I'd do it over in a heartbeat.

Here's the highlight reel:





3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like it ROCKED!! Great Job, Seb! I wish we could have come! Happy Birthday Greg!

Jill said...

haha sarah...i can just imagine what you were thinking as you were taking the slideshow pictures...you were thinking, " i can't wait to take these pictures so that i can make another video on windows movie maker and post it on my blog!!!"
HAHAHA

Unknown said...

jill
how did you know?