Friday, April 24, 2009

A Day With Aunt Joanna

Wednesday, the girls and I packed a picnic and went to Provo to have lunch at the park with my sister Joanna. We had such a great time! The beautiful day beckoned us to enjoy it to the fullest, so when Joanna suggested we "hike the Y" I was game. I was a little concerned that I didn't have the backpack for carrying Eva and I was wearing flip-flops, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

About 10 minutes in, I realized sunburn might be an issue and none of us were wearing sunscreen!

I'm such a well-prepared mom. :)

It was a blast and Eva's magnificent farmer's tan was well-earned! :)

We started the hike at about 2:30 and we were done in time to make it to Sonic by 4:00 for Happy Hour (half-price drinks and slushes!!! that was what kept us going, for sure!)





Here we are on the Y. Note the athletic footwear!



On the way down we saw some guys paragliding from the top of the Y down to the valley. Here's a picture of one with the Provo Temple in the background.
0

6 comments:

Cindy said...

That's quite the hike when you aren't prepared--way to go!

Lia said...

that looks like tons of fun!! nice hiking shoes sebs!.... haha

rbecca said...

I'm catching up again...can't believe you did it in flip flops and carrying your E. Did you guys have water, at least? Scott and I made the mistake of doing a 3.5 hour hike a few weeks ago with water in the cooler in the car...not with us :(

rbecca said...

Whoa!! You hiked that with flip flops and a toddler to carry??

I hope you guys at least had water. I love that Sonic happy hour was the motivator:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hiked that with flip flips and a toddler to carry!!

And, how funny that happy hour at Sonic was the big motivator :)

rbecca said...

hahahahaha...I didn't see at the top that you're doing comment approval now. You only have to approve one of my comments...I'll look like a fool, right. I didn't see the approval message each time and kept thinking something went wrong.