Let me start over.
There are many homemaking skills that I lack. One skill in-particular has evaded my abilities for many years. While we were visiting in Wyoming, Greg's aunt, Amber, helped me learn this skill. (she has conquered it!)
Today, while imitating Amber in every way she taught me, I attempted to overcome my inability and...
I baked my first successful loaves of whole-wheat bread!!
Now...they aren't as good as Amber's, but they taste good and have good texture. I will continue to try to perfect my execution of this recipe, but the maiden voyage went better than any previous whole-wheat bread-making attempt.
Why is it that some skills are so hard for me? It took tons of concentration and still the loaves turned out kinda lumpy. It's definitely good that some things come easy and some don't. It humbles me and keeps me working hard.
6 comments:
Sarah's being modest - that was some excellent bread! Great taste and a fluffy texture - hopefully she'll make some more...:)
Those look just like the ones mom makes.
Yeah, they look delicious! We make bread too, but I haven't done 100% whole wheat and hear it can be tough so GOOD JOB! I take Greg's word that they were excellent.
The bread looks great! I would love the recipe if you are willing to share. :)
Those are pretty nice loaves- no spitting or anything. I am impressed, but not surprised. You are sincerely modest, but everything I have ever seen you do has always been excellent. You are inspiring, Sarah.
you and hannah are both bread people. hannah makes the sacrament bread for church on sundays :)
Post a Comment