Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy-nings

  • This week I got a pleasant surprise. Greg realized he hadn't given me one of my Christmas gifts and began digging in his closet (uncovering a gift I had forgotten to give him in the process) and brought out the sheet music for "Clair de Lune." It is such a Greg thing to do to give me a piece of his favorite music to learn. He has done this since we were engaged and had to be apart for a few months; he gave me a Jon Schmidt book and requested I learn "Waterfall" for him. I'm still perfecting that one. I guess it just works out perfectly that he loves to listen to me play the piano and I love to play the piano.

  • I've grown out my fingernails. This may seem insignificant to many reading this, but those who know me well can understand what a feat it was. I have not been capable of growing out my nails for most of my life. My mom would bribe me when I was young and Greg took over that role after we were married. I can remember during our first year of marriage, Greg saying he would buy me some new jeans if I would just leave my fingernails alone and let them grow out! Well, I don't know if the bribery finally got good enough or if I just finally settled into life or what, but I finally have long nails (for a few months, now!) Yay!
  • Beevies is such a fun little person! We moved her into a big-girl bed this week. She has taken to it really well. She and Lou share a bunk bed they got for Christmas and it is so sweet to have the two of them in there together. Her most recent word is "out." She finds it handy when we're at the grocery store and she wants to get "out" of the cart and run wild. When she looks at me with those beautiful, angelic eyes and says, "out" about 20 times, it's hard to say no. I don't know if it's the eyes or the 20 times, but it's hard either way.
  • Lou has been sick this week, but is such a great kid. She's reading books at lightening speed these days. She remembers every song she hears. She randomly started singing "Zombie" by the Cranberries to me in the car yesterday and came home and picked out the melody on the piano and has been playing it incessantly. I also love it when I play Green Day on the piano and she sings along. What have we done to our child?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go on those nails!! Did Mom notice them?

Asher misses Eva. He looks at her picture on the fridge and does his "I want that" sound alot.

Anonymous said...

Love the post - love hearing about the amazing/funny/impressive/wacky things your children do. Way to go on the nails! I've had a manicure twice and both times, they ask me, "do you play piano?" The answer is not now, but I used to...I've been in the habit of keeping my nails cut short for so long, I don't think I could ever manage the length you've got going on here - they're so pretty! The manicurist told me that playing piano does something psychologically or something -- they can never let their nails get long...guess you proved that wrong!

Rachel B said...

Wow, that is amazing. I remember you trying to grow your nails out. I'm glad you found me so now we can read all about each other's lives. :)