Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where All Your Dreams Come True!


So it's been a while since I wrote. My lame, but valid, excuse is that our computer is having some kind of problems with uploading pictures. I have found a way around that problem and I'm back to blogging!

The last couple of months have been great. We flew out to Orlando, FL and took the girls to Disney World. It was fantastic! Big-G and I had neither one ever been to any Disney theme parks. I had my doubts about it living up to the hype, but they were all put to rest during our two day visit. We spent the first day at the Magic Kingdom and the second day at Animal Kingdom. We stayed with our good friends Clark and Tiffany who were perfect hosts and gave us all the inside scoop on the wonderful world of Disney. I could gush about Disneyworld all day, so I'll limit myself and just say it was awesome and I highly recommend it.

After two days in Orlando, we drove to Pensacola, FL and met my family for a week at the beach. We had a very natural experience with jellyfish, dolphins, a shark, crabs and lots of little fish--all of which were swimming in the ocean with us! LouLou and Beevers loved the beach. LouLou and I built a sand castle and all the grandkids built multiple "tanning beds" on the beach for the adults to lay in while they offered us foot massages for the mere price of one seashell. They were so cute and it was a lot of fun.

One of the days there my mom and two older sisters and I rented cruiser bicycles for our workout and biked out to Fort Pickins. (as Kelbo says, "let the jokes begin") It was a hot, long ride, but it was fun that we were all capable of completing all 16 miles including the couple of miles where we had to push our our bikes through the soft sand.

After we left Pensacola, we went to Birmingham where the girls and I stayed with my parents for a couple of weeks and then rode back with them in a cross-country road trip to Utah where they stayed with us for 10 days. I really thoroughly enjoyed the time with my family in Alabama and having them here to visit at my house. Our guest room finally got some use!

Now that I've updated the past couple of months I can get back to my regular blogging.

1 comment:

lacey said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I can't wait to take Kylee and Aubree there! I bet Attie had a blast!!