I am nesting. That's what it's called when the momma bird prepares the nest for the arrival of the baby bird and I am momma bird.
Baby bird won't be coming for another 6 weeks at least, but I feel like I need to clean and organize the entire planet in that time, starting with my house. Unfortunately, I am getting tired and uncomfortable, too. Not good for organizing the planet.
We have taken multiple trips to DI, with a DI pile in the garage that we add to regularly. How have I lived in this mess for so long?!
My belly is growing. At the last two visits the doctor said I was measuring a "little big". I didn't ask how big exactly, I just like the validation that I feel big because my belly is big. I am also aware, thanks to the doc, that the baby is growing at the rate of about 1/2 lb per week from now til the finish. (!!!) The belly will be getting even bigger. !
We set up the crib the other night. It is very cute. Maybe I'll go take a picture of it, or maybe I'll wait until I've finished decorating his corner of the room. He will be sharing Greg's study with him.
I still have so much to do!! And part of me is dying to buy a plane ticket to a warm beach and just hang out in a bathing suit under the sun while the waves lap at my legs and stay there until reality requires I return home. Wish I wasn't forbidden to fly. :)
We will be going back to having a baby. Ahh!! Eva hasn't been a baby for a few years, now. We are all in for a big change! And that is why the planet has to be clean and organized before he comes.
The real source of all this anxiety and need to clean and get everything done _right_this_second_ is that I can hardly wait for our sweet little man to arrive.
We are all dying to meet him. :)
p.s. This would feel so much more real if we had a name picked out. If anyone reading this has a fabulous name idea, I am open to suggestions. I keep telling Greg I will resort to naming him George if we don't have something else picked. I'm only half-kidding. I really might decide to name him that. It's a good solid name.
p.p.s. Eva occasionally presses her face against my belly and talks to "baby brother." She speaks very loudly so he can hear through my belly. She is usually telling him what to do, like, "Baby Brother! Stop kicking my mommy so hard!" It's the same voice she uses to boss Jade around the house, so I can see where this is leading for when he is out.
5 comments:
ahhh...the nesting stage. Good luck getting it all done! We are also excited to meet your little man.
The trend at the moment is to go for unusual names. So here is my list of weird but trendy boy names:
Godfrey
Fielding
Jedediah
Wilfred
Prescott
Redmond
and
Zebulon
Just something to think about for the next 6 weeks.
ps - you've been seriously lacking with your pregnancy photos. And by lacking, I mean I've seen none!
Had to chuckle at your title...so you're fixin' to have this baby soon? My sister-in-law loves this website:
http://babynamewizard.com/
i want to see pictures of the belly!
Post a Comment