Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wonderful Jill (aka Hermana Fleming)

My sister, Jill, went into the Missionary Training Center (MTC) today! She will be going to Lima, Peru for the next 18 months to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to anyone who will listen. She will learn to speak Spanish and I know she is going to be loved, loved, LOVED by everyone who meets her. 
I have to give a full account of the last couple of days...
Jill flew into Salt Lake late Monday night. Tuesday morning Melyssa, Rick and I took her to the Salt Lake Temple. We enjoyed a beautiful session together--couldn't have been a sweeter spirit there. Later that night, Hannah joined us and we all congregated at Melyssa's house for dinner and laughs together. 
This morning we drove down to Provo, picked up Rick and Hannah, grabbed some lunch at JCW's drive through and enjoyed some last minute laughs together before taking her to the MTC. Waiting in the car were Eva and Melyssa's twins, Annie and Lizzie. I'm pretty sure we were the most attentive family at the drop-off. :) Each of us had to get out of the car to hug Jill and be photographed with her. She is so ready to go serve the Lord for the next year and a half. 
Isn't she beautiful!



Love Hanna's Peru shirt!
Sweet, happy Jill...you may go by Hermana Fleming, but you will always be Bagginsworth to me. :)

3 comments:

Melyssa said...

Such a fun couple of days!

Joanna Galbraith said...

Yes, Jill is beautiful!!!!! I am going to miss talking to her SOOOO much. She will be such a wonderful missionary. I'm so glad you took pictures!!

Cathy Lunt said...

Beautiful pictures of happy people: serving the Lord in whatever capacity sure brings joy. We will remember Jill in our prayers!!!