Monday, April 18, 2011

Escape to the Moab Sun

I am so glad we got away for the weekend and enjoyed a little warmth and sunshine, because we got back to Salt Lake and plunged right back into cold, rainy weather. Ugh. This has been the longest winter e v e r. I am glad the tulips are blooming and the trees are flowering, so Spring doesn't feel so non-existent.

The trip really was nice. The first night was chilly, but we were super cozy-warm in our tent. Greg and I invested in a two-person sleeping bag and it was the warmest, most comfortable sleeping bag I have ever slept in. It was also HUGE! It took up half of our cargo space in the Sequoia. Well worth it, though. :) The sun was shining the entire time and we got to ride lots on our dirt bikes. I was pretty nervous on my dirt bike at first, but when Greg and I went on our last ride of the trip on Saturday night, I was feeling much more confident. Dirt biking is not a hobby I would have chosen, but now that I'm giving it some time, I really like it. I am also itching to go to Moab again soon...need to get that trip on the calendar.
The toys. And the awful weather we left behind.




The scenery from the campsite (humanized by my handsome husband)


Brad and Laken making us banana chocolate chip pancakes.

Overlooking Negro Bill Canyon

Hiking to Delicate Arch
Delicate Arch
Riding Hurrah Pass

Sand Dune Arch--the kid's favorite place on the trip.
Playing in the rock slots at Arches
Greg and Steve getting a little crazy.

6 comments:

Cathy Lunt said...

Oh man, good grief!!! Was there a trail up to the top of that last rock???? A fun weekend!!

Cindy said...

Glad you guys had such a great time! Wish we could have been there too!

Joanna Galbraith said...

Your new camera takes great pictures! It looks like you guys had lots of fun... why did I never take advantage of that area of Utah when we lived there?

Also, I really like your new pic at the top!

Jill said...

oh man. that last picture was nuts. i would have never been crazy to climb on that narrow, tall rock! they are much braver than i.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

Heheh Sarah is so full of it - there's no way in heck I'd get up there. Those guys are insane!