Monday, March 14, 2011

What's been going on!?!

I've had a lot on my mind lately. Things have been really good, but I have been so busy. We have had guests here almost every weekend since we finished the basement. On top of my regular responsibilities in Young Womens at church, the stake sports director asked me to coach the stake basketball team. I was co-coaching, but the other coach moved away. I am teaching piano lessons, still, two afternoons a week and I was taking piano lessons one evening a week. I also have book club every other month and enrichment night every month. We also seemed to be having a lot of leadership training meetings for my calling that were taking me away from home. I was rounded up by the 2nd grade teachers at Attalie's school to play the piano for their Grandparent's day program. I am not a concert pianist by any stretch, so it has been difficult. I have been going over to the school every morning for the past couple of weeks to practice with the kids. These experiences brought a few things to my attention. First, the songs for the program aren't hard songs...in fact I should have been able to sight read them on my first or second go-through, but I couldn't. Second, I cannot be gone so many nights during the week. I want to be home with my family! I decided the piano lessons had to change. My current teacher only teaches evenings, and I would rather have someone who can teach during the day. Also, I was not progressing in the areas that I am weak in piano, so a new teaching method seemed logical. I found a teacher who can offer both! I am excited to have my evenings back and I am excited to start taking my 1 1/2 hour lesson each week starting in April!
Also, during all the time spent with YW basketball, I have come in contact with a group of women from this area that have a team for the women's regional basketball championship for the Salt Lake valley. Ha! I am playing on a basketball team...for the first time since I was a YW. We played together for the first time in our game on Saturday and we were destroyed. We had fun, though, and the tournament is double elimination, so we have another game this week. Hopefully we win this one!

It feels good to be on here blogging, even though there aren't any cute pictures to post.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

Your in YWs? We seriously need to talk. I feel my creative limit has been met, and I need some new ideas. We should do some idea swapping!

Lindsey said...

Who are you? Your on a basketball team?