Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Attalie's Baptism

Attalie is the sweetest little eight year old ever! We had a wonderful day last Saturday. I haven't attended a baptism in awhile, and I was impressed at how strong the Spirit is when someone joins Jesus Christ's church. I think I also was feeling some of the amazing potential Attalie has for good in her life. She is an awesome little lady. Here are some of the notable events from the day:
Heidi, Attalie's cousin was also baptized.
My parents flew in for the occasion, which made it very special.
Attalie is the first grandchild on Greg's side to be baptized.
She is the 3rd grandchild on my parents side to be baptized.
She is Greg's grandparents' first great- grandchild to be baptized, and they were both in attendance.
We had a reception at our house afterward, and it morphed into a BYU basketball game party, much to Attalie's delight (she was overheard saying how cool it was that she was baptized on the same day as a BYU basketball game, how much better do kids come, really?)















5 comments:

Cindy said...

I was so glad we could be there with your family! Attie really is a wonderful girl--happy to be her aunt!

The Grush's said...

I cannot believe that we are old enough to have kids this age. My how the time flies.

ukmom said...

She is sure a cute one!! Watch out, they grow up way too quick.

Melyssa said...

She IS a great little gal! Love having her as my niece! :)

Nicole said...

Congrats to Attie. I am very excited to see you guys next week!