Thursday, January 27, 2011
Christmas
It has been over a month since we sang Silent Night and Santa brought gifts, but I still need to blog about it before I can move on with my life.
We had the most wonderful Christmas this year! We stayed here in Utah and just made memories as a family. We got together with Greg's family here and there and we hung out with Mel and Mark a few times, but mostly it was just the four of us, which was perfect.
Christmas morning was such a surprise. The kids dragged us out of bed earlier than they ever have at like 6:30. Not bad, I know, but it still felt early!
I groggily walked down the stairs, not really expecting any surprises because I am pretty tight with the guy in the red suit, so I had a pretty clear idea of what would be there Christmas morning. You can imagine my shock when I saw an iPad sitting next to my stocking! Greg was cleverly behind the camera, so I couldn't properly scold him for being in cahoots with Santa on such a big surprise. I felt very loved and cared for, to be the recipient of such a generous, thoughtful gift. AND I have loved it! I am typing this blog post on my iPad. It is used every day constantly.
The kids both got DS's which they were expecting, since we bought them before our road trip last summer, used them on the trip, and then stowed them away until Christmas. They also both got many other fun toys and clothes. Christmas is so fun with kids.
Greg got exactly what he wanted: GranTurismo5 and the console on which to play it.
I am so grateful for Christmas. We get to remember Christ's birth, remember to be better people, and give and receive with those we love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like you guys enjoyed a nice christmas together! though i wish we could have all spent it together :)
I will see you tomorrow, my sister!
We enjoyed getting to see you guys a bit over the Christmas season. I still haven't posted about our Christmas yet either! That's awesome that you got an ipad!
Post a Comment