When I started 8th grade, I was allowed to take piano lessons. I had wanted to take lessons for a long time, but I had to wait until my older sisters had their turns. It was too expensive to have more than two children in piano at a time.
I absorbed everything I could from my piano teacher. She was amazing! I couldn't get through my lesson books fast enough.
My piano practice growing up was constant. I would rather be sitting at the piano than doing just about anything else. Therefore, my parents were often heard yelling (to be heard over the sound of my playing), "SARAH, GET OFF THE PIANO!!" I progressed despite this regular hindrance. :-)
Over the years I have kept up my playing and my love for the piano. During college, my parents provided me with a keyboard which I used to practice songs when I was called to be the pianist for church at different times. I used that old keyboard for many years. During law school, my sister picked up an old upright for free at a garage sale. I was jealous, for sure, but I tried hard to be happy for her. One year later, she moved and decided not to take the piano with her. Yay!! I had a piano.
That old upright piano is the one sitting in my living room right now. We bought furniture for our living room that would match the piano. :) I have another amazing teacher at this point in my life. I could practice playing the piano all day long and every time I ask my wonderful husband if he would mind if I go play the piano he says, "I would love it if you would." I married the perfect guy for me!
...and I've had to stop myself from yelling at Attalie to get off the piano.
No comments:
Post a Comment