Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Getting Dressed


I don't blog about these things enough...

Eva dressed herself for the first time a few days ago--completely dressed herself. Since then, she has dressed herself daily, usually several times. There are side-effects when a 2 yr old takes on the art of self-clothing:
1. Outfits are changed completely or altered slightly multiple times a day
2. At each changing, clothes that don't make the cut are strewn dramatically across the bedroom floor.
3. Shirts are worn backwards for better parts of a day with complete refusal to allow me to correct.
4. Panties become optional without my knowledge. (discovered at Greg's basketball game during a bathroom trip, my child was going commando!)
5. A bathing suit is one day's outfit-of-choice...even if the high is 52.
6. Favorite socks are worn several days running.
7. Sandals that are 3 sizes too small are squeezed onto chubby feet by chubby hands and worn everywhere (while I pray no one notices that her heals are hanging off the back by an inch at least)

In the picture, you'll notice that today she fixed her own hair and her socks are turning brown on this their third day of wear. I decided not to wipe the chocolate off her face for a more authentic look.

4 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

oh my gosh! i love it!

Anonymous said...

This is great! I think it's wonderful that you let her do this -- everything's a learning process at that age. I have almost-first graders who are still being dressed by mom and who either refuse or don't know how to dress themselves (the reason I know about changing clothes is that we have costume changes -- we're doing a play right now - our version of The Ed Sullivan Show which features the Beatles, Little Richard, the Supremes, Nancy Sinatra (These Boots), and the Jackson 5). Way to go, E!!

Cindy said...

Your description is so perfect! Our 2 year old is dressing himself and I just have to push aside my own vanity before letting him leave the house wearing HIS choice of clothing!

ukmom said...

Had to laugh -- you think it's all going to get better. The attributes described apply equally to teenagers.