Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today Is Easter

This is the most wonderful time of the year!! I haven't been able to really contemplate Easter all day, but as I put my sweet little angels to bed tonight, I felt to take some time and sing them a song about Jesus. It was hard to hold back the joyful tears as Eva squealed happily and crawled busily around on the bottom bunk and Attalie tried to sing along and watched me intently with her angelic little face from the top bunk as I sang to them about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am convinced there was not a place on Earth closer to Heaven than their little bedroom was at that moment.

Jesus Christ lived on the Earth! I know that. I have felt it over and over again. He atoned for my sins. He suffered so that I would not have to suffer if I would just repent of my sins and try every day to be more like He wants me to be. He died and was resurrected. He lives even now and is my advocate. It is overwhelming for me, knowing how much I fall short of being the kind of disciple I should be. I am grateful and recommitted to being more like Him. That is the best thing I can offer to Him in some meager repayment for all He continually gives me. This knowledge brings me more joy than anything else ever has. It amplifies all the happiness in my life and makes everything better!

on a lighter, but also joyful note... :)

We had a blast this weekend! I had a parties at my house Friday and Saturday. We had an egg hunt on Friday with all of Greg's extended family. There must have been 400 eggs! The kids had a blast! On Saturday, we did our big Easter dinner with the same wonderful group of people. (We did it early so Uncle Dave's family could be there.) We had a little Family Night with a wonderful Easter thought and impromptu musical numbers on the piano by all the piano-playing kids. It was a wonderful night! Today we had Greg's Dad and my brother Rick for dinner and we all walked to the park and threw Frisbee for a bit and dyed eggs. Here are some pictures from the weekend:





This is really funny...
When Eva found her Easter basket this morning, she went straight to work opening a full-size Cadbury Egg. She then proceeded to put the ENTIRE thing into her wee-little mouth!! After being gagged by the egg for a few seconds, she finally gave in to our pleas and decided to only eat half of the egg.

Here she is opening the egg:

with a very full mouth:

with only half in her mouth (note the other half on the plate and how full her mouth still is):

Attie the morning super-star:


The girls in the PJ's the Easter Bunny brought them... I sure love these girls!

3 comments:

Jim said...

I found your blog from your comment on Tiff's. I was touched by your comments about Jesus.

Good pictures too.

I enjoyed getting to know you better during your visit.

Lia said...

that is sooo funny!!

The Grush's said...

Attie is getting so big and grown up. It is hard to believe that we are old enough to have children this age. I still feel about 17 most of the time.