I went to a Yoga class this morning. I've never done Yoga before, but I thought I could use a little extra breathing and relaxation in my life, so I gave it a try. I really appreciated all the stretching and the breathing and I felt like it calmed me and helped me think much more clearly.
Beevies and I came home and she was very hungry, so I got her a snack. She's had success in her high chair eating applesauce with a spoon, so I got her set up with a little tub of applesauce and a child's spoon. I was feeling very zen, so I went into the piano to play some David Lanz. While playing, my head was clear and I thought of several things I wanted to write about on my Blog. I couldn't get over how Yoga had just absolutely given me my brain back. I was having so many lucid, deep thoughts. I was just finishing my song when Beevies began to squawk, so I went in to clean her up. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw her and she immediately began pointing to her hair. She had done something naughty and was showing it to me. It wasn't pretty.
Applesauce does not come out of crazy-curly hair without a great deal of effort. It's okay. I did Yoga this morning. I can handle it.
Now on to the things I was thinking about.
Family.
With Uncle Pat coming to visit last week, I've been thinking about how families are so cool. I see Uncle Pat once every couple of years, usually. Yet, he could come and join us and immediately be welcome in our home and in all our activities just because we're related. I recently saw many of my dear relatives that I had not seen in years and years. I felt so much love for every single one of them. I wished I could have sat down with each of them for a couple of hours and caught up on their lives. I love my extended family so much. I would do anything for them. Somehow I know they all feel the same way about me. It's just that family bond.
Secrets.
It's funny how open I can be on this blog, yet still reveal so little of what is really going through my head. Lately, a lot of what I've been thinking has been for my head only. I can't share it on my blog or even with very many people. I began to share some with Greg the other night, but didn't get very far because I didn't want to cry. That sounds really dramatic. Sorry. It is for this reason that I carry around a little purse-size journal. Any chance I get, I try to write down all the jumbled emotions I'm having. I try to organize them on paper until my mind can make sense of at least some of it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing some crucial part of the brain that is used for emotional organization. I probably wouldn't make a good double agent--all that compartmentalization they have to do in their heads and all.
Daily Work.
I think I could be a scientist.
I think I function really well in emergency situations.
I think I'm good at working under pressure.
I usually am a good problem solver and critical thinker.
But don't ask me to do the same job over and over and over again in an orderly way. It makes me crazy! And PLEASE don't throw kids into the mix. Cleaning my house over and over again every day is like torture. It's not the cleaning part that I mind, it is the anticipation of my day knowing that all the work I do today will be undone by the time I wake up the next morning, or shortly thereafter. Why is it that putting together a day, everyday, with my kids always seems like a Herculean task? Some people are really good at it. Or at least they fake being good at it. I wonder if it is something people are born with or if it is something they develop. If it's the latter then I missed that stage of development. I know being a full-time mom is the right job for me because it requires the most growth from me. That's what I tell myself, anyway. :)
2 comments:
Great post, Seb. Some of my most clear thoughts come at two times: while I'm running or biking outside, or when I'm laying in bed at the end of the day. Yoga would be good for me, too, I think.
I really wish we didn't live so far apart.
hhhahaha she looks so proud of her work. destroy!
Post a Comment