Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day 2009

First off, let me say that I am so grateful for what our Nation has stood for since its founding. We are a place where people can have freedom in every aspect of their lives. The Presidents whose birthdays we celebrate on this day stood for something that I hope can continue to be the framework for all decisions made in Washington--individual liberty. I am praying for our leaders to make good--better decisions to protect that sacred right.

So, how was my President's Day?

The girls and I went snowshoeing today with Greg's family. We had such a great time! I think I got a pretty good workout out of it with Eva on my back most of the time. She is not a lightweight these days! Oh, and my brother Rick was there, too. Attie did a great job in snowshoes and kept up with the other kids most of the time. There was even a point where she blazed a trail that I and several other adults followed not knowing beforehand that a 6 yr old had made it!

My favorite part was when Barry took over carrying Eva at the end and I and a few other adults made an extra loop on the trail. We found our own little path that wound up in a minor snowfight and hopefully NOT ruining Steve's camera (he was just asking for that snowball to the face!)






After snowshoeing we all went to Wendy's for lunch and then I went and saw Rick's new apartment (it's dang nice).

Later tonight the girls and I got bathed and in our PJ's before we realized it was our night to clean the church so we went over and cleaned in our PJ's! Now they are both in bed and I'm about to snuggle up with my current book, Uglies.

It was a great(!) President's Day.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love just hearing about day-to-day stuff like this. It makes you guys not seem so far away.

danielle said...

let me know what you think of that book? - i've heard its supposed to be good but don't know anyone that's read it yet.

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about your day! Sounds like a good one. Neat to live in a place where you can go boarding and snowshoeing and such on a fairly regular basis. Uglies was crazy-popular when I was in charge of the teen section at our local library. I meant to read it because there were some misconceptions about the premise. Alas, I never read it, but it's also critically acclaimed, if I remember correctly.

Lia said...

it sounds like you guys had fun!