Sunday, September 28, 2008

Heber Valley Metric Century

here are my quick bits from the ride:
  • I was stung by a bee at 20 mph
  • I was motioned to wipe the bug remains from my chin (don't ask how many bugs lost their lives on my body yesterday!)
  • I saw a Lamborghini.
  • I biked 67.3 miles! (app. 107 kilometers)
  • I climbed some mountains.
  • I passed some people
  • Some people passed me
  • I was delirious and somewhat drunken with physical exertion to the point that I worry that I might have made a fool out of myself
  • I ate some "margarita with salt" shot blocks. (ooh la la)
  • I ran over a fuzzy caterpillar :(
  • I laughed a lot
  • I huffed and puffed.
  • I froze
  • I enjoyed the scenery
  • I got a tan... while climbing a hill (I barely noticed the hill, I was too busy tanning)
  • I saw a hot-air balloon
  • I smiled for the camera
  • I made excuses
  • I sucked it up and just kept pedaling
  • I sweated
  • I went 43 mph!
  • I was honked at by anti-cyclist driver
  • I drafted
  • I wondered if I could make it to the end...
  • I pedaled and pedaled and pedaled
  • I DID IT!
Here's to all my comrades who meet me at the 7-11 at 6am every Tuesday and Thursday and keep me pedaling harder than ever. You guys are the greatest!
Pictured L-R: Carrie, Me, Sharon, Shauna, Alisa, Duce. What an awesome day!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go Sarbie!! I didn't even talk to you about that yesterday! You are just too modest about your accomplishments. You're one tough mama!

Jill said...

i think your "i pedaled, and pedaled, and pedaled; I DID IT" was just a lame excuse for, " i've run out of things to say...hmmm...oh yeah! i finished."
sarah sarah sarah.
congrats... i guess.