Big-G did his first triathlon on Labor Day. He looked so tough with the numbers on his arm and legs and all his big muscles. He and his uncle Style both signed up for this beginner triathlon with a 125yd swim, 5.6mi bike, and 1mi run. As tough as the two of them are, they both said it kicked their butts. They finished it, though. They are now convinced that they will need to train to be ready for the triathlon we are all planning to do in November.
Just as they finished the race, a huge storm blew in with so much hail that the car was sliding on the ice-covered road on my way home. It was crazy!


Big-G is getting on his bike. Style was fixing his glasses that he forgot were in his shoe!
Keep truckin', Big-G! They look glad to be done (below). Look at those snazzy medals!
Triathlon #2:
I swam in a lake! That was one of my goals for this summer's triathlon expeditions. Big-G got some pictures of me and he got a lot of video footage on our video camera (sorry, it's not digital so I can't share) My friend Ginger (who is super tough-er than I am) did the tri with me. It felt really great to finish the tri still feeling strong. I was able to do each event at a strong pace and I felt like, for once, the triathlon didn't completely kick my butt. I wouldn't say I kicked it's butt, but maybe we are on even ground right now. My next goal is definitely to take the triathlon d-o-w-n.
Big-G and I camped out next to Yuba Lake on Friday night and the triathlon was the next morning (thank you, again, Grandma Cat and Professor-B for watching the girls). We slept great in our tent and I was so ready for this race that I was chomping at the bit to get it started.
Here are the pics:
The black whale with the blue swim cap is me (below) I was a little disoriented and somewhat disappointed that I had to climb the rather long, steep boat ramp out of the lake. Wasn't swimming half a mile hard enough without that?
I don't have a picture on the bike, but it was a fun 12 miles and I passed several people on the bike. I was just smiling for almost the entire race. I was having such a blast doing this! I got passed by a bunch of men on the 3 mile run. I'm kinda slow, but slow and steady worked this time. I didn't even mind the rather long hill at the halfway point. It was so great!
1 comment:
WOW! Sarah, I am so impressed and in awe! Congratulations! what hard work and dedication it must take to be able to pull this off!
Post a Comment