Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Triathlon

Yesterday, Big-G and the girls got up with me at 6:30am to go to Orem and watch me compete in the Timpanogos Harley Davidson Triathlon. The high was only in the 50's yesterday, so in the early morning it was plenty cold. Usually, triathlons are in the order Swim, Bike, Run. This one was reversed to keep wet people from hopping on bikes going 20mph and getting hypothermia. I was especially grateful for that yesterday. The run was a 5k, the bike was 10miles, and the swim was 350yds. I did better than the last time I competed in this race, but I still have a lot of room for improvement. I placed 7th in my age division--which had 12 competitors, so I guess for this race I was kinda average. I had a great time doing it. My favorite is seeing Big-G and the girls cheering for me. They are the best family! Big-G even took some pictures, so now I can share them with you! I started the race freezing cold, but got nice and warm on the run, so for the bike I took off some layers. After the swim, I finished and went outside to find Big-G who had my towel, only to realize that he wasn't there, so I was soaking wet and FREEZING. I guess I started cold and ended cold. I really love doing triathlons, though. I am looking forward to doing more this year.

2 comments:

Tiffney said...

You rock Sarah. I love the blog. Your family is so sweet. Tiff

Kelly said...

I love the name of that tri. What a combination of words and worlds that wouldn't usually collide!!
Great job. I SO know that, what I call, "emergency cold" feeling--when NOTHING else in the world matters except getting un-cold.